Friday, June 20, 2014

I recommend Errol Flynn and Hormel tamales for a perfect Friday night.

I’ve got a product recommendation for you. If you’re ever on the market for new email accounts the Howdygram would like to suggest Mail.com. No kidding, people, this is the most painless email service on the planet and I love all the different address options they offer you, such as mail.com, email.com, usa.com, teacher.com and so on. They have hundreds of choices. Everybody can get an address for free; if you upgrade to Premium service for $29.95 a year you also get POP3 functions and 24/7 telephone support. I upgraded to Premium for Sam and me and already set up POP3 so we can send and receive email through Mac Mail. Because I’m such a genius. (Everybody says so.)

In case you’re wondering, first thing Monday morning we’re dumping Web.com and Network Solutions because our email accounts have been dead for six days and the halfwits on their customer support teams don’t have a clue how to fix them. I’M TOTALLY FED UP. I want my money back or I’m knocking somebody unconscious with my cane!

Show of hands. Have any of y’all ever visited a Tumblr blog called Someone Ate This? It’s basically a showcase for hilariously disgusting food portraits and brilliant captions. I borrowed the following photos for your possible interest. Enjoy!
And now it’s time to slink off into the sunset, watch a couple of old movies and eat things. While I have lots of exciting options for my late-night snack — braunschweiger, Hormel tamales, pickles & biscuits — I’ve already decided which movies I want to see! They are: The Dawn Patrol (1938) starring Errol Flynn, David Niven and Basil Rathbone; and Mama Steps Out (1937) starring Alice Brady, Guy Kibbee and Dennis Morgan (who was billed at that time as Stanley Morner).
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mama Steps Out but The Dawn Patrol is a really good story about a crew of British pilots stationed in France during World War I with plenty of comic relief provided by Basil Rathbone’s unintentionally outrageous theatrics. It’s my plan to pile up enough snacks to stay awake for both of them, but you never know. Conking out is always a distinct possibility.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: